Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you advertise your vacancies? We start the marketing process at the time we receive a 30 Day Notice from your resident. Arroyo Property Management markets vacancies by placing eye-catching signs on the property, and online ads with a variety of popular rental search websites.
- How do you screen applicants? We require a detailed written application and state-issued photo identification from each adult. We run a credit, eviction, and criminal history check, and will also verify employment and income levels. No applicant will be approved until all questions are answered to our satisfaction.
- Who pays for repairs to vacancies? After the move-out inspection, we will determine who is responsible for restoring the property back to move-in condition. We are allowed by law to charge the resident’s deposit for rent, damages above normal wear and tear, and some cleaning. We want you to know that we consider this an important time in the management cycle, and we will work hard to protect your interests.
- When will I get my report and check? Accounting reports and checks are mailed on the 15th of the month (excluding holidays and weekends).
- Who handles problems late at night? Residents can call us 24 hours a day, and we work with them to determine how best to proceed. Many times we solve a problem over the phone or by simply calling one of our on-call vendors.
- How do you handle Security Deposits? Security deposits are placed in a trust account upon receipt. When your tenant vacates, we will provide all required accounting of the tenant’s security deposit within the time legally allotted. If there are damages they will be deducted from the security deposit, and the itemization and receipts will be sent to the tenant as required.
- Are your prices competitive? Our management fees are very competitive and reflect our expertise and commitment to excellent service. Specific fees are based on property specifics and the services you require. We have found that poor management can have a very high cost.
Give us a call at 626 818-3053 to discuss your specific needs.