Before filling out an application, please review our list of criteria below. If you feel you meet the criteria please apply – because we would be happy to rent to you. Also if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
1. A completed and signed application from each proposed occupant over the age of 18 must be submitted. ALL LINES MUST BE FILLED IN. Incorrect or misinformation will disqualify you as a prospective renter.
2. A $45 screening fee in cash, cashier’s check or money order (payable to Arroyo Property Management Inc.) for the purpose of running credit and eviction reports is required with each application. We also accept most bank instant transfer payments.
3. You must show up in person, and provide a copy of a government-issued photo ID. Driver’s license or State Issued ID card. Your ID should match one of your previous 2 addresses from the 3 years prior to applying. (Note: Military cards are not accepted.) We may also ask for copies of social security cards.
4. Your credit report must demonstrate your willingness to pay financial obligations in a timely fashion. We do not accept credit reports run by another person or agency. If you have no established credit, it will help to show a consistent minimum bank balance greater than the monthly rent.
- No collection accounts or judgments
- No record of late payments or delinquencies
- No bankruptcy, no bad debts or no charge-offs
- You must have no records of eviction.
6. We require favorable responses from references and previous landlords. If you have lived at your current address for less than 2 years, we will require positive references from your current AND previous landlord.
7. Employment History and Sufficient Income: We require a household monthly income of 3 times the amount of your monthly rent. Income must be verifiable through 3 pay stubs, employer contact, bank or tax records. All other income, including self-employment, must be verified through tax records and 6 months of bank statements. If a co-signer is necessary, he/she will need to apply as another tenant, but will need to show income of 5 times the monthly rent, at a minimum.
8. Rental History must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you’re related by blood or marriage to one of the previous landlords listed, or your rental history does not include at least two previous landlords, your application may be declined, or we may require a qualified co-signer to fill out an application and sign with you on your rental agreement. Qualified co-signers must meet all screening criteria plus have an income of at least four times the amount of rent.
9. You may be denied if you have a conviction for any type crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the ability of other residents to peacefully enjoy the premises. You will be denied for a conviction for illegal drug manufacturing or distribution.
10. An up-front payment of the security deposit and one month’s rent is required by cashier’s check or money order when signing a rental contract.
11. Please note that all of our properties are smoke-free. There is no-smoking on the property.
12. Occupancy recommendations:
- studio/single – 2 persons
- 1 bedroom – 2 persons
- 2 bedroom – 4 persons
- 3 bedroom – 6 persons
- 4 bedroom – 8 persons
(The above to be used only as a guideline as max. person occupancy. Please contact equal housing for their recommendations.)
In the event of multiple applications, the property will be rented to the applicant(s) with the best overall income/credit/rental history and the recommended number of occupants, who has/have paid the application fee. We reserve the right to rent to the person(s) with the best credit history.
Note: the advertised security deposits are offered to those who meet the standards indicated above; we may request higher security where the applicant is either new on the job, has no credit history or has some bad credit. By law, the maximum security deposit can be equal to two month’s rent.
ALL Required Information Should Be Submitted With the Application